When people ask me for advice, I usually keep it simple with the following:
Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Don’t be afraid to start again. Don’t be afraid to tell the truth. Don’t be afraid to not be liked. Don’t be afraid to be broke. Don’t be afraid that they’ll call your idea silly. Above all, Don’t be afraid to TRY. (Definitely an #AhdoraSpeaks Moment Here)
I’m a big fan of Richard Branson and his way of telling things as they are. He’s not afraid to look like an idiot, because he understands his vision, and his focus is clear. Like every human, he’s not perfect, but I love that he doesn’t let fear hold him back from accomplishing great things.
Here’s a video I think everyone should watch.
Like many entrepreneurs, Richard Branson loves creating things. He sees problems in the world and provides solutions. But unlike others, he has established many different businesses. In fact, in his 40+ years as an entrepreneur, he has developed over 100 brands.
Here Are Five Guidelines Branson Follows When Launching Businesses
Branson and his friends in business followed the guidelines when they launched their first magazine, Student, and, later, Virgin Music:
- If you don’t enjoy it, don’t do it. You must love what you do.
- Be innovative: Create something different that will stand out.
- Your employees are your best asset. Happy employees make for happy customers.
- Lead by listening: Get feedback from your staff and customers on a regular basis.
- Be visible: Market the company and its offers by putting yourself or a senior person in front of the cameras.
Who else thinks Branson is amazing ? Let me hear it in the comments!